Re: [IUG] course reserves + mil media problem
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
We are facing the very same issue, opened a call with help desk (c1332553) and a Digital Resources Specialist is looking into it.
Library Systems Manager
Drexel University Libraries
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2875
> From: Joseph dot Montibello at dartmouth dot edu
> To: innopac at innovativeusers dot org
> Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 18:41:28 +0000
> Subject: [IUG] course reserves + mil media problem
> Hi all,
> Trying to troubleshoot a strange issue we're seeing here. We use Millennium Media to link to streaming media files, which we have stored on another system. We use them pretty extensively in our Course reserves. Typically, we create a bib record called "All streaming media" and attach a bunch of media sets to it, one for each streaming video. So when patrons get to the course reserve, in between all the books that are on reserve they see a link for "all streaming media - Envs.040-..." which links to a page that lists out all the videos that are available to be streamed. This practice was in place and working well before I started here a year ago, and has been reliable up until December.
> The problem we're having is that the display of the course reserve is changing when a patron gets to that reserve after already being logged in. Instead of seeing "all streaming media" on the list of books and other reserves, they're seeing a link to the first of the streaming media files. This means that they are prevented from seeing the rest of the streaming media files for that course. Because we have Single Sign On and Blackboard courses can have links to the online reserves, most of the students and professors in courses with streaming media attached to their reserves are affected.
> I've worked with staff in our media center to look at how the records are coded. Nothing has changed, most of the information in the records comes from templates. The differences that we have noted between the broken course reserves (around 100) and the two that work properly have proven to be meaningless (i.e. making the records match in those details doesn't fix the problem).
> We're on Release 2011, and while we can't pinpoint when this issue started, anecdotal evidence suggests that our upgrade (in December) may be when we started having problems.
> Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
> Joe Montibello, MLIS
> Library Systems Manager
> Dartmouth College Library
> joseph dot montibello at dartmouth dot edu<mailto:joseph dot montibello at dartmouth dot edu>
> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.
> --- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts ---
> text/plain (text body -- kept)
> This message was distributed through the Innovative Users Group INNOPAC list
> Public replies: INNOPAC at innovativeusers dot org
> You are currently subscribed to innopac as: saidshafik at hotmail dot com dot
> Update your subscription options: http://innovativeusers.org/iug-discussion-list
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
--- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts ---
text/plain (text body -- kept)