[IUG] JOB OPENING: Systems Librarian, Carroll University Library, Waukesha, WI
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 14:52:36 -0500
- From: Amelia Osterud <aosterud at carrollu dot edu>
- Subject: [IUG] JOB OPENING: Systems Librarian, Carroll University Library, Waukesha, WI
Position: Systems Librarian
Classification: Librarian (Full-time, 12 months)
Description: The Systems Librarian participates in reference, collection development for several academic departments and information literacy program instruction. Also, this position serves on university committees and participates in professional development opportunities. The work schedule includes some evening and weekend hours. This position reports to the Director of Library Services.
* Coordinated selection, acquisition and maintenance of electronic resources; including databases, citation management software, e-books and individual e-journal subscriptions.
o Oversee licensing, compliance, statistical reports, access and other technology issues related to the resources
o Maintain relationships with local consortia and vendors for electronic resource purchases
o Maintain usage guides and assist with training library staff and faculty on new resources
o Work with the Budget Manager to maintain the budget areas for databases and serials subscriptions
o Oversee the selection, acquisition, maintenance, storage, and usage of print subscriptions
o Maintain and coordinate the cataloging of electronic and print subscriptions with the cataloger, both in the ILS and OCLC holding records
* Maintain system software and hardware that provides electronic access:
o Serve as system administrator for the Innovative Millennium cataloging server
o Maintain proxy server, database content management system, ERM system and URL link resolver
o Troubleshoot technical problems related to access and maintenance of databases and their associated software
o Work with the IT department to ensure databases work properly on current hardware and software configurations
* Participate in continuing education and training in systems
* Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
* MLS from an ALA accredited MLS program required
* Experience in an academic library preferred
* Excellent computer skill required with the ability to troubleshoot applications.
* Familiarity with Dreamweaver, html, css, asp, php, and database structures preferred
* Familiarity with scanners, Adobe Photoshop, and other media software.
* Experience with integrated library systems (especially Innovative Interfaces), academic databases, and CONTENTdm preferred
Human Relations Skills:
* Excellent customer service skills required
Amelia Klem Osterud
Circulation & Web Services Librarian
Carroll University Library
100 N. East Ave.
Waukesha, WI 53186
aosterud at carrollu dot edu
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.