[IUG] My Lists -- anybody ready for prime time?
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:28:51 -0500
- From: "Dennis G. Van Arsdale" <dvanarsd at uafortsmith dot edu>
- Subject: [IUG] My Lists -- anybody ready for prime time?
Much as I'd like to have My Lists moved to Live, it stays on Staging for
a while. It doesn't seem quite ready for prime time, IMHO.
1. The "check box" is not considered obvious enough as a method of
selecting, especially when it's right next to a "Request" button. Our
staff would prefer My Lists worked with the save_record.gif in
ICON_BOOKCART. Since you have to turn the ICON_BOOKCART off for My
Lists to work, it's not nearly as usable, in our view.
2. Bug: If I disable the ICON_BOOKCART and save something to a list, as
long as I'm still logged into my patron record, the ICON_BOOKCART
graphic (in our case, save_record.gif) appears instead on subsequent
searches and I can't save anything else to the list until I log out.
Then the check box is back on the next search. Go figure.
Has anyone found a way around either of these?
Dennis G. Van Arsdale
Technical Services Librarian
Boreham Library, University of Arkansas - Fort Smith
P.O. Box 3649 Fort Smith ARkansas 72913-3649
email: dvanarsd at uafortsmith dot edu
phone: 479-788-7206 or 1-800-935-9341