[IUG] Systems Librarian Position - Southern California
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 08:31:52 -0800
- From: "Grigsby, Alice" <AGrigsby at elcamino dot edu>
- Subject: [IUG] Systems Librarian Position - Southern California
El Camino College
16007 Crenshaw Blvd.
Torrance, Ca. 90506
FULL-TIME LIBRARIAN - SYSTEMS
Typical duties: Planning and maintaining information technology systems
in the library; maintaining and administering the integrated library
system (INNOVATIVE) including materials booking, course reserves and web
access management; updating library website; spearheading digital
initiatives; instructing part-time computer aides; working
collaboratively with library and information technology staff;
production of statistical reports; reference services; provision of
bibliographic instruction, development of web-based user aids and other
duties as assigned.
* Master's degree in library science; library and information
* The equivalent - Candidates not possessing the required as stated
above must complete the supplemental page of the district application
and explain in detail how their qualifications are equivalent to those
* Valid California community college credential in appropriate
* Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic background of college students, and
of individuals with disabilities.
* An American Library Association accredited Master's degree
* Two years recent of professional experience as a librarian, with an
emphasis on maintenance and development of systems and emerging
technologies in a college or university learning resources setting; or a
specialization in information systems or library automation systems in a
Master's degree library science or library and information science
* Thorough knowledge of online databases and other electronic
resources, PC application software, database management, computer
management, wireless applications and course management systems.
* Proficiency in web programming and scripting languages/authoring
tools including HTML and experience with web site design and management.
* Strong problem-solving and collaborative skills and evidence of
excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Familiarity with current trends and issues related to libraries and
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
Contract shall be for full-time, ten-month, tenure-track teaching
assignment for the 2007 - 2008 academic year, beginning August 23, 2007.
Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all
information provided on the employment application, credential(s),
transcripts, fingerprint results, and tuberculosis examination as
required. Candidates selected for employment will be required to
provide verification of work authorization in the form of a passport,
valid driver's license, or other equivalent identification, and social
SALARY The starting salary ranges from $54,948 - $75,473 depending on
education and experience. Excellent fringe benefits are included.
TO APPLY For a District application, call (310) 660-3474 or (310)
660-3809, or visit our website at www.elcamino.edu. Applicants with
disabilities who require special accommodations must contact Human
Resources a minimum of five (5) working days prior to final filing date.
An applicant must submit the following to: Human Resources, El Camino
College, Administration Bldg., Room 217, 16007 Crenshaw Blvd., Torrance,
CA 90506 by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date:
1) El Camino College certificated application form.
2) Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
3) Resume including educational background, professional experience,
and related personal development and accomplishments.
4) Photocopies of all pertinent transcripts as stated in the required
qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic
records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees
awarded to be acceptable.)
5) Evidence of a valid community college credential, if applicant
holds one, must also be submitted.
6) Three letters of recommendation addressing relevant experience and
abilities, or placement file is highly desirable.
Official transcripts must be provided prior to final selection.
Application packets not containing a completed application form, resume,
and copies of pertinent transcripts will not receive consideration. All
materials included in the application packet become District property,
and will not be returned or copied. NO FAXES OR E-MAILS WILL BE
ACCEPTED. POSTMARKS WILL NOT BE HONORED.
The campus will be closed on January 15th, February 9th, & 19th, 2007.
ISSUE DATE: January 8, 2007
CLOSING DATE: March 7, 2007
Alice Burns Grigsby
Director of Learning Resources
El Camino College
agrigsby at elcamino dot edu
--- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts ---
text/plain (text body -- kept)