RE: [IUG] Printing weirdness from WebOPAC in IE
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:25:28 -0500
- From: Bob Duncan <duncanr at lafayette dot edu>
- Subject: RE: [IUG] Printing weirdness from WebOPAC in IE
At 11:25 AM 03/22/2006 -0800, Bob Rasmussen wrote:
I have now tried the same situation (HP 8150 PCL driver) but with version
7 of IE (which is in beta). The problem has gone away.
Someone could work with a saved HTML source and change minor things (such
as removing the strong tag) to see if they could make that problem go
away. I can't do that now because the laptop I have has IE 7 on it, where
there is no problem.
My contribution to the cause...
- I cannot duplicate the problem when printing pages generated by our system.
- I can duplicate Anne's problem from two different WinXP PCs (using IE6),
but only when printing to an HP LJ1200; when I print to a 4100 or 4300,
the problem does not exist.
- Removing the strong tagset does not eradicate the problem; I get an
extra letter off to the left when printing:
instead of the bolded
- When I print a local copy of the page (without a style sheet) the
problem does NOT exist.
- When I edit the local copy of the page to use the style sheet on BU's
site, the problem exists as if being printed from BU's server.
So there's something in the style sheet which IE doesn't seem to like, but
only when using certain printer drivers. Editing a local copy of the style
sheet revealed that the offending piece is the "padding-right: 2em;"
declaration in the rule for .bibInfoLabel. When I remove this from the
style sheet, the printing problem disappears. (YMMV)
I have no idea precisely why.
Robert E. Duncan
Editor, IT Communications
Easton, PA 18042
duncanr at lafayette dot edu