Re: [IUG] Printing POs to pdf?
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:17:33 -0800 (PST)
- From: Bob Rasmussen <ras at anzio dot com>
- Subject: Re: [IUG] Printing POs to pdf?
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Judith A Schneider wrote:
> Hi All,
> We here at GAO are striving in oh so many ways to be a model agency. One
> way that we are leading by example is our new electronic records
> management system. Let me just say that implementing this ERMS (not to
> be confused with ERM) has been ... interesting.
> We need to save electronic copies of our POs as pdfs into our ERMS. We
> can scan them and save them as pdfs, but I'd really like to print them
> directly to pdf files. The fact that they are legal saized seems to be
> causing a problem.
> I have successfully printed a non-legal sized records from Millennium to
> a pdf file, so I know Mill can print to a local printer defined as an
> Adobe file. I have defined the paper size for the pdf as legal, but it
> won't create the file and I get errors.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
So many variables, so many questions...
Please take a look at
This is created by Print Wizard. Following are some details:
1. Print Wizard itself is generating the PDF file, no other utility is
2. The form overlay is one we have created from the standard III form.
This overlay is a prototype. We will customize it for your institution,
for a small fee.
3. The existence of actual barcodes indicates that Millennium believes it
is outputting to a Laserjet printer, and thus sending PCL codes. Print
Wizard is translating those PCL codes in rendering this to PDF.
4. Although this sample doesn't demonstrate it, we can also handle a full
range of diacritics and CJK.
5. For a multi-page document, the form information exists only once in the
PDF; it is simply referenced on every page. This is much more efficient
than including the form data for every page.
6. The text is in the PDF as text, so it is searchable.
7. Other PO layouts could be handled as well.
....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.
personal e-mail: ras at anzio dot com
company e-mail: rsi at anzio dot com
voice: (US) 503-624-0360 (9:00-6:00 Pacific Time)
fax: (US) 503-624-0760