Movies on Electronic Course Reserves
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:19:27 -0400
- From: "Linda \(Ernick\) Heron" <Heron at dwc dot edu>
- Subject: Movies on Electronic Course Reserves
Could someone out there who has had success with mounting movies in Electronic Course Reserves (specifically, .mpeg and .avi files) please help? I am having two problems:
1. .Mpeg files mount just fine, but when I log in to the catalog as if I were an end-user, Windows Media Player opens and only the first part of the file plays. For instance, I loaded a file that is 1:08 minutes long, which plays just fine on my PC, but when I log in as if I were a student, only the first 20 seconds plays. I tried another file that is 1:49 seconds long; this time the first 55 seconds plays. I have tried logging in on 5 different computers in the library, and the same problem persists, no matter whether I am using Windows Media Player Version 6.4.09.1129, Version 9.00.00.3250, or Version 10.00.00.3646. The Help Desk tells me they are unable to replicate the problem.
2. I also loaded an .avi file, but when I logged in as a student, I got the error message, "Unable to download an appropriate decompressor." Any advice?
I haven't even tried .mov files yet.
Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Technical Systems Librarian
Anne Bridge Baddour Library
Daniel Webster College
20 University Dr.
Nashua, NH 03063
fax: (603) 577-6199