questions about checkout statistics
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:35:48 -0700
- From: "Meg Westbury" <mwestbury at kcls dot org>
- Subject: questions about checkout statistics
Hello. We are pulling checkout statistics for the month of May using Web Management Reports. We're still kinda new to this, so we have what (I hope) are not silly questions. I scanned the list archives, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for, and Innovative hasn't yet responded to my question (and the reports are due at the end of the month!).
1) Do "checkouts" in the "All Activity" and "Checkout" reports count checkouts where the item was checked out or the item's owning branch? I.e., if an item that belongs to branch A was checked out at branch B, does the checkout report count the checkout for branch A or B? Our assumption is B, but we might be wrong.
2) We have sorted the "All Activity" report by terminal number and the "Checkout" report by patron zipcode (PCODE4). However, the stats for checkouts in the "All Activity" report do not match the stats for checkouts in the "Checkout" report. For example, at our Bellevue branch, the "All Activity" report counted 96,838 checkouts for the month of May, and the "Checkout" reported 131,842. The number for "All Activity" isn't consistently lower, however: sometimes it's higher. My question is: What could be causing these discrepancies? Is it how we're sorting the reports? Is one report counting self-checks and/or renewals and the other not?
Thank you very much for any help you can provide in this matter.
King County Library System
mwestbury at kcls dot org