Fwd: Re: Authority Records not displaying in Millenium Silver

Hi Mark, Bonna,

I was trying to see if this was solved now that we upgraded to the 2005 interim fix (Mil 2005 LE) ... and frankly, I'm a bit irritated at the result. We obviously once had created subject authority records for the titles Nozze di Figaro and Huckleberry Finn (etc., etc.) in order to lead folks around in the catalog. Thanks to our friends at III, these no longer exist !!! They do not appear in either Millennium or in text based. AND, I can't even create them in Millennium or in text-based any longer!

This is pretty serious stuff, and I have yet to hear from anyone (in-house or III) as to whether this is a known problem (a.k.a. "improvement") with the silver -- Millennium combo (last message from me was 11/8) to that list. I'm copying the folks at OhioLINK DMS, many of whom are setting up to do an RFP for authority control ... this would seem to complicate a lot of things for those folks ...

So, who starts the letter to III that starts, "Dear To Whom it May Concern, Please allow us to make the catalog functional again .... " ???

TNX

Cliff

Cliff Glaviano (419) 372-2107 (419) 372-7996 fax

Coordinator of Cataloging
University Libraries
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403

http://www.bgsu.edu/colleges/library/
mailto:jglavia at bgnet dot bgsu dot edu

"Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever." -- worst analogies
(e-mail '98)