From: innopac-bounces at innopacusers dot org [mailto:innopac-bounces at innopacusers dot org] On Behalf Of Art Gutierrez
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 2:11 PM
To: innopac at innopacusers dot org
Subject: Authority History File

Hello fellow IUG members, we are getting ready to outsource some of our
work to Marcive and they have requested an Authority History file. The
file would be broken down into 2 files a Subject file and a Names file,
I believe. I was wondering how to go about doing this?? I was hoping
other members had been through this and could shine some light on the
subject for me. I think our cataloger was worried that some information
might be left out. For example, if George Bush has written a book but
had also had books written about him that only some of the information
would be collected. I am not entirely clear on this as you might be
able to tell. I appreciate any advice. Thanks!!

Art Gutierrez
Emporia State University
Library Computer Support Tech
gutierra at emporia dot edu
ph: (620) 341-6205

multipart/alternative
text/html
---
--
This message was distributed through the Innovative Users Group INNOPAC list
Public replies: INNOPAC at innopacusers dot org