Job Placement at IUG - deadline extended
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:07:05 -0500
- From: "Anne Myers" <amyers@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Job Placement at IUG - deadline extended
It's not too late to submit job announcements for the placement center
at the IUG conference! The deadline has been extended until Monday
March 29 to guarantee inclusion.
If you are recruiting and will be in Boston, we encourage you to submit
a job announcement in electronic format (PDF or Word) to Anne Myers
(amyers@xxxxxxxxxx). Announcements will be added to the IUG website and
included in job binders in the placement center at the conference.
Those announcements already received are available now on the placement
website; others will be added as they are received:
More complete information is available in the original message, reposted
below for your convenience. See you in Boston!
IUG Past Chair, 2003-2004
Are you recruiting? Are you in the market for a new job? Just curious
about what jobs are available out there? Attending the IUG Conference in
Boston this April? Then the IUG Job Placement Service is for you. Here's
how it works:
1. Send your job announcements in electronic format (PDF or Word) to
Anne Myers at amyers@xxxxxxxxxx. Unless you indicate otherwise, we will
assume that positions may be posted on the IUG 2004 Job Placement web
page prior to the IUG conference.
Deadline to assure inclusion: March 19, 2004 [extended to March 29,
You may also bring the announcement to the IUG Conference and add it to
the appropriate job vacancy binder onsite.
2. If you will be interviewing at the IUG Conference, be sure to provide
contact information for potential applicants. We will include any
name/hotel information you provide with your job announcement.
3. If possible, bring extra copies of the announcement that can be
picked up by interested job seekers. This will ensure that a copy
remains in the placement notebooks.
4. Three Job Vacancy binders, divided by Public Services, Technical
Services, and Systems jobs, will be available in a private Job Placement
Center near the registration area at the IUG Conference.
Saturday 12:00-5:30pm, Cape Cod Room
Sunday 9:00-11:30am & 1:30-5:30pm, Boston College Room
Monday 8:00am-3:30pm, Boston College Room
5. Make private arrangements with interested applicants to meet during
1. Check this page before the meeting to read job announcements:
2. Bring copies of your resume or vita to the conference.
3. In Boston, check the 3 notebooks filled with Systems, Public Services
or Technical Services job openings on a regular basis. They will be
available in the Job Placement Center during the Conference.
4. Contact the recruiter directly if they are at IUG, or follow other
instructions for making application.
5. Please do not remove the original job notice from a binder. Check in
the folder labeled "Job Announcement Extra Copies." You may take any
extras of interest to you.
6. Check the IUG Website. Some of the listings may be posted there for a
brief time following the IUG Conference.
7. Remember that there is also the option of sending a cover letter and
resume to the contact person listed on the job description in which