does Millenium download?
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:38:37 -0400
- From: innopac@xxxxxxxxxx (Peter Murray)
- Subject: does Millenium download?
--On Thursday, August 29, 2002 9:22 AM -0400 Tom Lawrence
> As well as the freeze-ups mention by Josh Cohen earlier, as a member
> library we observe that it appears that Millenium downloads every time
> we launch it. Is that true? One consortia costumer indicates to me
> theirs does not but my tech guys swears it does (as in when we can't
> connect, the phrase "unable to download" appears on the screen). Any
> thoughts on this one? TIA.
Huh. Is there any security software running on the PC? We have (had)
DeepFreeze loaded on our circ desk system, and it would cause the JARs
to download each time the PC was rebooted. Two other things I can think
1) Run a scandisk to make sure there isn't a corrupted directory
2) Uninstall the Millennium client, delete the C:\Millennium directory
and reinstall the client.
Peter Murray, Computer Services Librarian W: 860-570-5233
University of Connecticut Law School Hartford, Connecticut