RE: Backup Tapes
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:01:35 -0800
- From: Greg Ramirez <grramirez@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: Backup Tapes
We have 7 tapes, one for each day of the week.
We do Full Unattended Backups every night.
We replace the tapes as needed.
At 01:28 PM 1/15/2002 -0500, you wrote:
have 30 tapes labeled 1-30. We use them for approximately 1 year and
then replace them all.
- -----Original Message-----
- From: James Coleman
- Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 12:04 PM
- To: INNOPAC@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Backup Tapes
- We have just recently installed our server here at William Carey
College. A question among our staff has come up regarding backup tapes.
How many tapes should be kept on hand for performing backups and how many
times can tapes be used before having to be replaced? Any input on this
will be appreciated.
- Jim Coleman
Equipement Systems Specialist
Cal Poly Pomona, University Library
Voice: (909) 869-3113
Fax: (909) 869-6922