Write call number on title page and labeling procedures
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:59:42 -0500
- From: "Yuan Yao" <yaoy@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Write call number on title page and labeling procedures
Please excuse cross-postings to both autocat and innopac lists.
We used to write in pencil call number on title page so the labeler could
type out the spine label and verify the call number when attaching the label
to the book.
We stopped the practice when we started printing spine labels from Innopac
system. The labeler simply scan the barcode from the book to retrieve the
record in Innopac and print out the label. After being scanned, the books
are placed on the truck in sequence. With a string of labels printed out,
the labeler then attaches labels to the books on the truck in sequence. In
this practice, if one label is put on the wrong book, rest of the books in
sequence will get wrong labels.
1. How many of you write call number on title page for verification purpose?
2. If you don't, what do you do to avoid the possible mistake resulted from
the procedures described above?
Thanks in advance,
Georgetown University Law Library