One Card System with Millennium
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:33:27 -0700
- From: "Arment, Donna" <Arment_D@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: One Card System with Millennium
Title: One Card System with Millennium
I am interested in getting some feedback from libraries who are using Millennium and whose campus is using a one card system. Here at Fort Lewis College we are in negations for Millennium and hope to have it place for the summer of 2002. In January of 2002 our campus will be submitting an RFP for the one cards system and their goal is to have it up and running by June 2002. So any information any one can give would be very helpful.
Some of our main concern include:
- How did your installation process go?
- What type of equipment did you have to purchase to handle the magnetic strip cards?
- Do your cards have both the barcode and magnetic strip for checkout?
- Did you phase out the old cards slowly and have two methods of checkout with a barcode and a magnetic reader or did you just accept the new cards?
- If you had two methods of check-out how did it work for you?
- If your cards don't have barcodes do they have a unique number on then to help identify each student (currently we use their social security number)
- Are you using the option for the students to pay for fines and lost books with this card, how is it working?
- Are there any cards that can actually interface with III such that all the information (name, address, phone no., etc.) can be automatically transferred into III via the card?
- Has any integrated their One Card system to handle photocopiers, printers, or other fee-for-service purposes in the library?
- Any other information you could provide would be very helpful.
Thanks to everyone in advance for taking the time to reply.
Fort Lewis College
John F. Reed Library
1000 Rim Drive
Durango, CO 81301