Job Posting - Riverside, CA - Acquisitions/Reference Librarian
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:17:42 -0700
- From: Cid Tenpas <ctenpas@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Job Posting - Riverside, CA - Acquisitions/Reference Librarian
RIVERSIDE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
4800 Magnolia Ave., Riverside, CA 92506-1299
(909) 222-8588, 222-8014(TDD)
(Riverside City Campus)
The Riverside Community College District is seeking outstanding
candidates for the position of Acquisitions/ Reference Librarian. The
successful candidate will assume all aspects of Acquisition Services
(managing the ordering of library/learning resources materials,
administering the library/learning resources material budget, collection
development activities) as well as the general responsibilities of a
library faculty member including reference and bibliographic
instruction, and participation as a library liaison to academic
departments, in a medium-sized academic library.
The Acquisitions/Reference Librarian position is a faculty position.
This position will: Coordinate all acquisition functions of the
library/learning resources center; Assume responsibility for all
in-house staff training in acquisitions procedures; Develop and evaluate
acquisition procedures that take advantage of new technologies and
facilitate the transaction of those functions, including the maintenance
and revision of acquisitions policies and procedures; Assist in
selecting and recommending automated and print sources for purchase by
the library; Responsible for acquisition services component of an online
library system; Serve as a reference librarian, including the provision
of bibliographic instruction; Organize the districtís archive
collection; Serve on various college committees. Perform other duties
Academic: MLS degree from an American Library Association (ALA)
accredited institution OR The Equivalent.
Experience: Recent experience in acquisitions and fund accounting.
Knowledge of reference materials and experience in reference and
bibliographic instruction and collection development in an academic
Desirable: Experience with acquisitions functions as accomplished with
Innovative Interfaces software. Background in handling materials
budgets. Substantial experience with collection development policies
and library liaison programs. Experience with campus networking,
on-line databases, Internet, and other forms of emerging library
technologies. Familiar with spreadsheet and word processing software.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, true public services
Other: Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse
academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
of community college students
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Ten-month, tenure-track position.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, full-time
teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to
Column H, Step 6 ($41,715 to $64,271) of the current Faculty Salary
Schedule effective June 18, 2001.
3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to the college is required as is adherence to college
Improvement of Instruction Policy.
6. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of
full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in
community activities and active participation in college committee work,
student activities and other support services, and liaison with
appropriate civic professional groups.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate and responsible for all acquisitions functions of
the district-wide library/learning resources center.
2. Responsible for the acquisitions module of an online library
3. Responsible for all in-house staff training in acquisitions
4. Develop and evaluate acquisition procedures that take
advantage of new technologies and facilitate the transaction of those
functions, including the maintenance and revision of acquisitions
policies and procedures.
5. Manage the ordering of library/learning resources materials.
6. Administer the library/learning resources material budget.
7. Coordinate and contribute to collection development
activities, including assisting in selecting and recommending automated
and print sources for purchase by the library.
8. Assist in the provision of reference services for students,
faculty & staff.
9. Provide bibliographic instruction for library/learning
10. Serve as a library liaison to academic departments.
11. Organize the Districtís archive collection.
12. Serve on various college committees.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, a complete file must include:
1. A completed District application form;
2. A cover letter;
3. A current resume or vita;
4. A minimum of three (3) current professional reference letters,
requested by the applicant;
5. Legible copies of transcripts verifying college work and
degrees (official transcripts will be required upon employment).
NOTE: Any application, resume or other supporting materials submitted,
either solicited or unsolicited, for employment at Riverside Community
College will become property of the District and will not be returned to
NOTE TO CURRENT RCCD EMPLOYEES WHO ARE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
Please be aware that materials from your personnel file are not included
as part of the application file; therefore, please provide the requested
application materials as any other applicant.
A request for a required District application form can be sent to:
Riverside Community College District
Human Resources Office
4800 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92506-1299
Phone: (909) 222-8588
TDD: (909) 222-8014
Fax: (909) 222-8831
A District committee will screen applications. Candidates will be
evaluated on the basis of those documents received by the closing date.
Initial interviews will be
approximately one hour in length. The District does not provide for
expenses for those invited to initial interviews. The President and/or
designee will interview final
candidates recommended by the selection committee. Final interviews
will be approximately one hour in length.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF EMPLOYMENT
Position contingent upon available funding.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
BY 4:00 p.m., August 31, 2001
Postmarks not accepted!
Note: An application will not be considered complete unless all
materials listed have been received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of
application. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to
This message was distributed through the Innovative Users Group INNOPAC list.
Private replies: Cid Tenpas <ctenpas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Public replies: INNOPAC@xxxxxxxxxx