Acquisitions workflow question: Is anyone using EDI Quotes?
A workflow has been proposed by one of our vendors (W F Howes).
1. We place an order through the vendor website
2. This sends a SAP quote to the vendor purchasing system
3. The vendor purchasing system generates and sends an EDI Quote to Sierra
4. EDI Quote is FTP'd into Sierra - creates Sierra order number and brief bib
5. EDI order is sent to vendor as confirmation
6. Vendor receives an EDI Order (with SAP quote number and line number from the EDI Quote) from Sierra
7. SAP order is generated in vendor system
With our other suppliers, when we place an order on their websites we receive a file of brief records (with embedded order information - which is used by Sierra to create orders). The difference with this method is that the vendor wants to send an EDI Quote file, not a file of brief bibs.
If anybody else is using this method, we would like to hear from you as we aren't certain that the method will work.