Hi everyone! I hope your summer is going smoothly. I know so many of you have intense summer reading programs or major projects to accomplish so I hope it's been a productive few months but that you've had a chance to relax too.
I wanted to share a little bit about what the steering committee has been up to since the annual conference in April:
- The officers (chair, vice chair, past chair, secretary/treasurer) and business manager met at ALA Annual in New Orleans (yes, be jealous I ate so much amazing food) and took care of some business including wrap up from IUG 2018, beginning plans for IUG 2019, and discussions of a location for IUG 2020.
- Mohamed Ragheb has been working with our newly formed website committee to begin the process of an update/redesign.
- All submitted member conference materials from IUG 2018 have been posted and are available through the IUG Forum created for that purpose. Innovative session materials are posted on Supportal. (If you presented and have some materials you have not yet shared, please feel free to post them at any time.)
- The Clearinghouse Repository has been moved to its own Forum category and members can post items there. We'll be reviewing and moving items from the legacy clearinghouse in the coming year.
- We're exploring conference management software replacements.
- We continue to work closely with Innovative to develop Idea Lab, plan for new timed challenges, and manage the Always Open space. Martha Gettys is working with her team to evaluate and respond to those ideas that have graduated to the product review stage.
- We're making some plans to create promotional materials for IUG membership so Innovative customers who haven't taken advantage of membership can learn what an incredible group this is.
Additionally Innovative has made a commitment to improve communication with the IUG and to that end, we've established a series of regular phone calls between the steering committee and Innovative's executive management team. We all hope this will help the steering committee be better informed and equipped to represent and advocate for all IUG members. I would like to thank Jim Tallman and his team for their efforts to listen and learn from what we all share and to improve support and service to customers.
And just a reminder to watch the forums for regional IUG events and information about IUG 2019. It's also that time of year when many memberships are up for renewal, so if you're unable to log into the IUG website, that's a good thing to check.
Thank you to everyone willing to jump in and share information and support each other as we work to serve our respective communities. I love being a part of this group and I hope you'll let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way.
Have a great week!