The call for proposals for IUG 2018 is extended for a week. The new deadline is Friday, November 3.
We need more proposals – across all areas, but especially Polaris and in the following categories: Acquisitions & Serials, Resource Sharing, Search & Discovery, Electronic Resources or Tools, System Administration, and Digital Asset Management. But even if your expertise is Circulation, Cataloging, or any other category, there are still plenty of openings for those topics.
We only have a handful of Forums submitted, so there is plenty of room for additions there – System Managers, Circulation, Cataloging & Authorities, and Discovery/Encore, and Polaris product/areas have no forum submissions yet.
Don’t forget about Posters and Birds of a Feather. If you would like to submit a proposal to participate in a Lightning Round, use the Lightning Rounds Form
. That just helps us coordinate the individual pieces a little better.
You might (probably will) experience technical difficulties.
I’m sorry. We’re trying to fix it, but apparently the conference administration site is on a break. But it’s ok, we’re working around it. The biggest reported problem is an inability to save the description or additional information, and you can’t submit your proposal without the description. So here’s what to do:
2. Just try putting a few words into the description field and save. If that works, go to #3. If that doesn’t work, go to #4. (See, it’s like a “choose-your-own-adventure book.” You’re welcome.)
3. Submit your proposal.
4. Email me the full text of your description. If you’re able to submit, you should receive a confirmation email. You can reply to that with the text of your description and it will get to me. If you can’t submit or you don’t get that confirmation email for some reason, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Whatever you do, DON’T spend hours trying different things, different browsers, standing on your head, etc. That’s in the job description for Vice Chair. Just email me and we’ll get you taken care of.
- Go to http://www.innovativeusers.org and log in with your MyIUG username and password
- Hover over Conferences, then click on My Presentations
- Click Create Presentation to get started
Thank you all for your patience. And a big shout out to Mohamed Ragheb for his technical help so far and in the future.