The City of Livermore is currently accepting applications for the position of Supervising Librarian. Under direction of the Library Services Director, the Supervising Librarian will plan, organize, and supervise the activities of a branch library or major section of the main library; and other duties as assigned. A Supervising Librarian also participates as a member of the Library Department’s management Team.
Examples of Duties
• Assists in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures,
and work standards.
• Plans, organizes, schedules, supervises, and reviews the work of professional, technical, and support staff.
• Represents the library as a liaison with various community groups.
• Assists in department budget preparation and administration. While the current vacancy exists in Technical Services in the Civic Center Library, Supervising Librarians can be assigned to work throughout the library system in any functional area.
The Ideal Candidate
• Exceptional coach and mentor who can guide and direct library staff using positive reinforcement and motivation.
• Outstanding customer service with the goal of exceeding the customer’s expectations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Utmost ethical and professional standards.
• An effective problem solver who provides viable solutions to complex and challenging personnel and operational issues.
• Proficiency with automated library systems, such as Innovative Interfaces software
• Knowledge of and familiarity with a variety of online resources.
: $6,474.39 - $8,092.99 per month (plus 2.5% salary increase on 7/9/18)
Additional details and application instructions available at http://www.cityoflivermore.net/citygov/admin/hr/jobs/default.htm
Final Filing Date
: 5:00 pm on May 18, 2018